Magedoma Old Timers recreational Hockey Tournament March 2023
The Brockville Magedoma Old Timers Tournament is a recreational tournament for players 60 yrs +. All games will be played at the Brockville Memorial Center in Brockville Ontario.
The 2023 tournament will run from Wednesday March 22, 2023 through Thursday March 23, 2023. All games will be played between the hours of 10AM to 4PM with each team being guaranteed 3 games over the 2 day period. There will be no overtime for any games played, and because it is a recreational tournament, there will be no playoffs.
This tournament is purely RECREATIONAL. At this age we don't need any more trophies, medals or ribbons to have a good time. We play this tournament purely for the love of the game and for the opportunity to re-ignite old friendships as well as hopefully creating a few new ones along the way!
All games will be fully officiated with certified officials using a 3 official on ice system.
For more information, contact:
Brian McCarthy email@example.com
2023 Entry fee will be $1000 per team
Entry Fee includes:
3 games guaranteed.
An adult beverage and food ticket post game per player and coach redeemable on-site in the Memorial Center conference room (additional food and beverage tickets available for purchase)
A full course Turkey dinner at the Brockville Legion Branch 96 at 180 Park Street Brockville Ontario on Wednesday March 23rd at 6PM.(Spouses/significant others/+1's are welcome for an additional $25 per person)
Swag bags for all participants containing goods from local sponsors.
Laughs & lies amongst friends old and new
An assigned Brockville Old Timer ambassador to assist with logistics and any questions or concerns
....and perhaps other surprises!!
To join in the fun please contact:
Doug Duke firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Age Rule All players participating in the Tournament must be 60 years of age on the date of their first game.
2. Punctuality Teams must be ready to start on time or game will be forfeited.
3. Equipment It is recommended that all players wear at least a half shield/cage to protect their eyes from accidental high sticks or wondering pucks. All goalies should wear either their team sweater or a similarly coloured sweater
4. Rough Play Any team displaying unnecessary rough play will be warned once, and if the warning is ignored, the team will be expelled from the tournament. A player who shoulders, pushes or intentionally does not avoid contact with an adversary player will be given a minor penalty (2 minutes).
Players that fight will be assessed a major penalty and will be expelled from the remainder of the tournament and the team will play short-handed for five (5) minutes. If an instigator is identified, a minor penalty (2 minutes) will be assessed.
Butt ending, spearing, kicking, hitting from behind will result in a player being assessed a match penalty and result in automatic expulsion from the tournament. A major penalty (5 minutes) will be assessed to the team and a player that was on the ice will serve the penalty.
Any player assessed three (3) minor penalties will be assessed a game misconduct penalty.
Duration of Penalties:
Minor.......... 2 minutes Major........... 5 minutes Misconduct... 10 minutes
All other decisions taken by the referee will be in accordance With C.A.R.H.A. rules
5. NO SLAP SHOTS: The hockey blade will not be further than one foot from the puck before it is hit. If so, face off will be brought down to the offending team zone.
6. Length of Games 60 minutes - 2 periods
A. Warm up - 2 minutes
B. First period – 20 minutes
C. Second period – 25 minutes (last minute stop time if tied or two goal difference)
7. Number of Players No limit. As many as you wish can be dressed for each game. We recommend using 14 players.
8. Spare Goaltender Teams with only one goaltender dressed, must, in case of accident or sickness, accept a replacement goaltender selected by the Tournament Committee.
Tournament charitable contributions
All proceeds from the 2023 Magedoma hockey tournament will be contributed to the Brockville District Hospital Foundation.
There are three ways to donate: 1. Online. 2. Cheque 3. Credit Card
... donors can donate directly online – the donor will receive a tax receipt from the BDHF and a report for the event will be provided for all donations received. Click HERE for the donation link.
Donations made by cheque, can be made out to the BDHF. In the memo line the donor should include the BMOT Hockey Tournament in the subject line.
Donations can also be made by calling the foundation office with a credit card. The foundation’s direct line is 613-345-4478.
With your assistance, the Foundation will help in keeping a running total of the proceeds raised. For more information on how these funds will be used please visit www.bdhfoundation.com
100% of all on-line, called in and received donations made will be added to the event’s overall proceeds. There are no administrative costs.
Click HERE to access the BDHF donation page.
Thank you to our sponsors!!
The Brockville Magedoma Old Timers would like to thank all of our wonderful sponsors for their generous donations and assistance in making this inaugural tournament a reality! Please visit our sponsor page HERE , but more importantly, please support them in our wonderful community!